Hi! I’m AJ.
I grew up as the middle daughter of a CPA. Always a puzzle lover; math whiz, restaurant check-splitter, volunteer treasurer for everything, family clock-setter, bill payer, and self tax preparer. So, naturally, I went to college and studied language and dance. Left brain, right brain, pregnant brain, mom brain, non-stop brain…Yes. All of the above.
I’m a multi-passionate, multi-talented soul, thriving in harmony more than balance.
A CV belying more extremes than most, some highlights include:
- Nearly a decade as professional flamenco dancer and instructor
- Over a decade as Controller of fund of hedge funds
- Five years as a birth doula
- Over a decade as a money helper ==> MoneyDoula
- Another decade + as a mama, once-and-future marathoner, NYC bicycle commuter turned Midwest work-at-homer.
(note: there’s a lot of overlap in those years!)
And most importantly:
- A lifetime as a deeply intuitive, gentle, kind human person.
With my numbers brain, helper’s heart, and dancing body, I want to help you find your own positive, productive and practical relationship with your money.
You’re in the right place if future you deserves:
- Calm & ease around money and beyond
- Inspiration and a loving nudge (to take action, to get out of debt, to quit your day job, or (insert your big dream here)
- Improved money conversations in relationships
- Reduced stress levels around money conversations
- New and inclusive language for talking about money in a non-judgmental way
- Your own seat at the table